Trip leader: Mike Malone | email@example.com
Who: You! and Campus to Campus
Why: We shamelessly believe that God can use the weak and broken things of this world (us) to bring redemption and radical transformation. We also desire to follow in Christ’s footsteps as He came to seek and save the lost. So we are going to East Asia! We hope that through this experience God would stir each of our hearts to become more engaged with spreading God’s light and glory throughout the world.
What: An eight-week mission trip focused on serving for and alongside local churches. Main purpose is to share the love of Christ with those in East Asia. We will be reaching out to local universities.
When: May 17-July 9, 2020
Where: Location TBD
- Strategic university city in Asia (Vietnam, Malaysia, Indonesia are options)
- January 24th : Application due
- January 26th-28th : Interviews
- By Sunday January 31st: Let firstname.lastname@example.org know if you NO LONGER want to be considered
- February 3rd : Teams announced
- Sunday February 7th from 2-4pm: First team meeting (Support raising prep)
Starting in Mid-February:
You should plan on doing 1-2 hrs/week of support raising preparation.
Spring Dates to Consider:
(let us know on the application if you have conflicts, these may be able to be moved)
- Saturday February 6th: 10-11:30a: First team meeting and MTD training
- Saturday February 20th: 10a-12p: with teammates / support raising
- Saturday March 13th: 9a-3p gospel training and bonding with teammates (in person)
- Saturday April 10th: 10a-11a: Parents Zoom meeting
- Saturday April 17th: 10a-12p: Logistics / Final prep
Throughout: Have occasional responsibilities to respond to via email/messaging. This includes communication on important info (Visas, flights, etc.) Also includes occasionally reading articles or reflecting on content in preparation for training times.
The cost of the trip is determined by the price of the plane ticket, food, lodging and transportation in the country. (The final cost is determined by the cost of the plane tickets.)
This will be primarily fundraised. Each participant will contribute $500 and the rest will be fundraised. You will be trained and supported throughout this process. (For H2O Columbus students, the church will contribute $500)
How you can fund your trip:
- Support Raising
If you have questions about your trip finances or support raising, please contact your trip leader.
Because of the security concerns for the full-time missionaries on the field, do not post anything about this trip on social media. Doing so could endanger their safety!