THIS YEAR BECAUSE OF THE US GOVERNMENT’S TRAVEL THREAT LEVEL, WE ARE NOT GOING TO HAITI
We as a church are excited to see what the Lord has in store for this year’s trip for Haiti. Will you join us in praying for this opportunity to go and engage the nations?
FOR THE TRIP:
- pray that the Lord would use the team that He has assembled, each of us with our own unique talents and gifts, to love and serve the Haitians.
- pray that through this trip and seeing the love the Lord through our team, that the Haiti youth would believe and have hope in Jesus and then be able to go evangelize their own country.
FOR THE TEAM:
- pray that new and genuine connections would form within the team, and that through that, we are able to do good work for the Kingdom together.
- pray for our eyes to be opened to how God has created other parts of the world, and allow us to be able to see the people that we meet through the eyes that God would see them through.
FOR THE HAITIANS:
- pray that the Lord would be preparing the hearts of those that we will interact with starting RIGHT NOW, to be receptive to the good news of the gospel.
- pray for a revival in Haiti!! That the love and promises of the Lord would ring true to them and there would be no denying who You are and what You have promised.
Trip leader: Mike Malone | firstname.lastname@example.org
Who: You! and Living Hope Ministries in Haiti (http://www.livinghopehaiti.org)
Why: We shamelessly believe that God can use the weak and broken things of this world (us) to bring redemption and radical transformation. We also desire to follow in Christ’s footsteps as He came to seek and save the lost. So, we are going to Haiti! We hope that through this experience God would stir each of our hearts to become more engaged with spreading God’s light and glory throughout the world.
What: A week-long mission trip focused on serving for and alongside the local church in Haiti. The main purpose is to share the love of Christ with children in Haiti through a vacation Bible school program. We will be singing songs, playing games, doing crafts, and other activities with the goal of communicating the gospel to the children at Living Hope Ministries.
When: Saturday, December 15th – Saturday, December 22nd 2018
Where: Mariani, Haiti
The cost of the trip is determined by the price of the plane ticket, food, lodging and transportation in the country. (The final cost is determined by the cost of the plane tickets.)
How you can fund your trip:
- Support Raising
If you have questions about your trip finances or support raising, please contact your trip leader.
To make a payment, see the bottom of this page (for approved applicants only).
- Application Review Dates*
- July 1st, 2018
- August 1st, 2018
- September 1st, 2018
- Application Deadline
- October 1st, 2017
- Sunday, 10/7/18: $200.00 First Payment**
- Sunday, 10/21/17: $600 Second Payment
- Sunday, 11/18/17: $760 Final Payment
*This is a rolling application process
**Spots are limited on the trip. Therefore, you will secure your spot when your application is approved and you turn in your first payment.
- All funds will need to be turned in on time.
- We need a minimum of 10 people to go on the trip.
- Filing for a passport is easy, but it usually takes anywhere from 4 to 6 weeks to complete after you have applied. We suggest applying for one ASAP even if you aren’t sure you are going on a trip. They last for 10 years, so you can have it for any future travel. Apply for a passport here.
- Going on an international mission trip can involve multiple factors, such as: support raising, culture shock, translation, developing of curriculum, etc. In light of these things, we want to make sure people are spiritually, emotionally, and physically prepared for the trip by filling out an online application before they begin to make payments or raise support. To fill out the application, please click here. The trip leaders will review your application and get in touch with you to let you know if you have been approved to go on this trip.