Trip leader: Mike Malone | firstname.lastname@example.org
Who: You! and Iglesia Gran Comision Guatemala (IGCG) (Great Commission Church Guatemala)
Why: We shamelessly believe that God can use the weak and broken things of this world (us) to bring redemption and radical transformation. We also desire to follow in Christ’s footsteps as He came to seek and save the lost. So we are going to Guatemala! We hope that through this experience God would stir each of our hearts to become more engaged with spreading God’s light and glory throughout the world.
What: A week-long mission trip focused on serving for and alongside the local church IGCG. Main purpose is to share the love of Christ with those in Guatemala. We will be reaching out to the local university and a nearby school located in an impoverished area.
When: Saturday, March 7th – Saturday, March 14th 2020
Where: Guatemala City, Guatemala
- Application Deadline: December 1st, 2019
- Application Review Dates*
- July 1st, 2019
- August 1st, 2019
- September 1st, 2019
- November 1st, 2019
- December 1st, 2019
- Sunday, 1/7/20: $400.00 First Payment**
*This is a rolling application process
**Spots are limited on the trip. Therefore, you will secure your spot when your application is approved and you turn in your first payment.
The cost of the trip is determined by the price of the plane ticket, food, lodging and transportation in the country. (The final cost is determined by the cost of the plane tickets.)
How you can fund your trip:
- Support Raising
If you have questions about your trip finances or support raising, please contact your trip leader.
To make a payment, see the bottom of this page (approved applicants only).
- Talk to your parents/guardians. click here for a letter of information to share with them.
- Fill out the online application by clicking here
- All funds will need to be turned in on time.
- We need a minimum of 10 people to go on the trip.
- Filing for a passport is easy, but it usually takes up 4 to 6 weeks to complete after you have applied. We suggest applying for one ASAP even if you aren’t sure you are going on a trip. They last for 10 years, so you can have it for any future travel. Apply for a passport here.
- Going on an international mission trip can involve multiple factors, such as: support raising, culture shock, translation, developing of curriculum, etc. In light of these things, we want to make sure people are spiritually, emotionally, and physically prepared for the trip by filling out an online application before they begin to make payments or raise support. To fill out the application, please click here. The trip leaders will review your application and get in touch with you to let you know if you have been approved to go on this trip.